What is an ESA Letter?
Publish Date: September 2nd, 2020; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
ESA Letter stands for Emotional Support Animal letter is a sort of prescription that confirms the mental or emotional disability and asserts that the particular is deriving therapeutic advantages from ESA. In general, An ESA letter states that you take advantage of the camaraderie with which your pet endows you. It is prescribed by a licensed therapist to provide a health benefit to those who experience some emotional or mental disability.
This letter comprises the weight, breed, type, and name of the Emotional support animals. An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) can be of any kind. The chief purpose of emotional support animals is to endow with companionship, alleviate loneliness, and facilitate in fighting with depression, anxiety, and certain irrational fears. This letter is usually prescribed by the doctor or some licensed mental health professional.
What does An ESA letter indicate?
- An emotional support animal is part of your current treatment plan.
- An ESA will lend a hand in coping with the emotional disability symptoms.
- You are currently a patient of the doctor or mental health professional who qualified your mental disability in the ESA prescription.
- You are being taken care by the same mental health professional or doctor and are under his care plan.
An Emotional Support Animal Letter is always written on the licensed professional’s letterhead.
An ESA Letter includes
- Mental health professionals letterhead and signature.
- The date of issue.
- Mental health professionals license type, the date the license was issued, license number, and the state that issued the license.
- Authentication that an emotional support animal is an imperative part of patients life.
- Description of how the animal will aid the condition.
- ESA Prescription.
- Patient’s name.
- the Details of the pet.
Looking to Apply for an ESA Letter for Your Pet
Get Started by following these Steps:
1. Start FIlling up the ESA Evaluation form with your details.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local ESA Doctor once the submission is complete.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Letter In Your Email.
Time required to get an ESA Letter
After the successful completion of examination and evaluation of the information of a patient by the medical health professional, it acquires 24-48 hours to receive the ESA letter after approval. It calls for scrutinizing the data collected by the health professional before approving the ESA Letter Request.
- has access to almost all types of housing regardless of no-pet policies.
- is protected under the Fair Housing Act so that it can live with its owner.
- is allowed to fly with its owner in the cabin of any airplane.
- is protected under the Air Carrier Access Act for in-cabin travel.
- Handler cannot be charged an additional fee for housing or airline access.
Before acquiring an ESA letter from a certified mental health professional, an individual must qualify the criteria that are set by the experts. If any individual experiences the symptoms of mental illness, then he/she is considered to be eligible for a recommendation. Here are a few disorders that call for the ESA letter for some individuals.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Learning Disorder
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Gender Identity
- Cognitive disorders
- Severe anxiety
- Tic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
If an individual suffers from anxiety, depression, or any of the illnesses listed above, then you are considered to be the qualifier for owning an ESA. Here’s everything you need to know to acquire an ESA letter.
How to acquire an ESA Letter?
Ask Your Doctor or Therapist for an ESA Letter
Connect with the mental health professionals or a therapist if you seek any medical help and to acquire an ESA letter for your mental illness. It is imperative to clear your mental health status, to be transparent, and discuss everything related to your health for your doctor to understand the accurate state. Always mark that never hide anything from your doctor. If approved by the therapist, they will endow you with the ESA letter. For any reason, if they do not know about prescribing an official ESA Letter or do not believe in it, you can seek help from other online resources that can provide you with one.
Get Your ESA Letter Online
Another way of acquiring an ESA Letter is by applying online. Licensed health professionals working with Fast ESA Letter have initiated online services to provide the benefits of ESA online by examining the mental state of an individual. For the individuals facing depression, anxiety, or other mental illnesses, the advantages of having an ESA around are priceless. An ESA endows with the therapeutic support and soothes to its owner through camaraderie and fondness that does not entail the training that service dogs do.
Know Your Rights as an ESA Owner
- Live in “No Pet” housing devoid of having to pay additional animal fees or face any discrimination from your landowner due to the establishment of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Federal Fair Housing Amendments.
- Any ESA owner is allowed to live with their ESA.
- Fly on commercial airline flights with your support animal devoid of having to disburse a pet fee.
- Airlines staff are not allowed to discriminate based on a patron’s mental or physical need for an assistance animal to assist with their physical or non-physical disabilities.
About Post Author
Darren M. Jorgensen has a fondness for all animals, though dogs especially, have a huge home in his heart. He enjoys quilting, making handcrafted soap and bodyworks and anything that produces practical products. Jorgensen lives with his own service dog who doubles as an Emotional Support Animal. He gets it.