Get your Psychiatric Service Dog (PSD) Letter Consultation Online
How To Get a Psychiatric Service Dog Letter?
Schedule An Appointment
Consult with Doctor
Join the video/audio call with the professional and address your medical needs.
Receive Your PSD Letter
Get approved and receive your PSD Letter signed by our professional in your email.
Only Fast ESA Letter offers 100% Money-Back Guarantee
What is a Psychiatric Service Dog (PSD) Letter?
A PSD Letter is an official document signed and written by a state-licensed health professional on official letterhead. Any LMHP including a psychologist, doctor, therapist counselor can write a PSD letter. This psychiatric service dog letter declares that the Dog is part of the treatment plan for a person who suffers from a psychiatric, emotional, or mental disability.
Benefits that Your PSD Letter Offers
- Access to “No Pet Housing” Apartments, Homes, Airbnb and Dorms.
- Flying with your psychiatric service dog on any airline for free.
- Permission to take your Psychiatric Service Dog to your workplace.
- Access to public places including hotels, restaurants, malls etc with PSD.
What is a Psychiatric Service Dog?
- Reminding the owners to take medicine,
- Comforting the owner in socially anxious situations,
- Relaxing the owners who get panic attacks,
- Taking care of the owner who has self-destructive behavior, etc.
Rights for Psychiatric Service Dogs
People with mental and emotional disorders can benefit greatly with the help of a Psychiatric Service Dog (PSD). These trained animals have legal protection at the federal and state levels because of the significant benefits they offer. Here are a few regulations that protect you and your Psychiatric Service Dog while requesting reasonable accommodations and traveling facilities.
- Americans with Disability Act — A Psychiatric Service Dog is protected under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). PSDs must be permitted to accompany their owners in all areas where the public is welcome. This rule also applies to companies and other organizations that provide services to the public.
- Fair Housing Act (FHA) — According to the Fair Housing Act (FHA), PSD owners have the right to live with their dogs in most housing types. In order to live with a Psychiatric Service Dog, owners are not required to pay any extra fees or deposits to their landlord or housing association. A Psychiatric Service Dog is permitted to live on properties with their owners even if there is a ‘no-pet’ policy.
- Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA) — Psychiatric Service Dogs can also travel with their owners as they are covered by the ACAA. To fly with your Psychiatric Service Dog, you must submit your ‘PSD letter’ to airlines prior to flight. Ensure that your Psychiatric Service Dog is adequately trained so that they don’t disturb passengers while traveling.
Difference Between Psychiatric Service Dog (PSD) and Emotional Support Animals (ESA)
Psychiatric Service Dogs
- A Psychiatric Service Dog is a type of service dog that is trained to carry out one or more duties to assist a person with a disability
- A Psychiatric Service Dog is protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Transportation (DOT), and the Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Only Dogs are treated as Psychiatric Service Animals.
- A Psychiatric Service Dog can perform many tasks like taking care of your medication for individuals with PTSD, checking the room for safety, or switching the lights.
Emotional Support Animals
- An Emotional Support Animal can be any animal that provides emotional support to a person through companionship, which makes them deal with mental health conditions like anxiety, depression or PTSD, etc.
- The Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the Housing and Urban Department (HUD) protect emotional support animals.
- Any animal can be treated as an Emotional Support Animal, like dogs, cats, reptiles, miniature horses, lizards, etc.
PSD Letter Packages We Offer
PSD Letter For 2 Pets
We offer our Customers a 100% Money-back Guarantee
The Best Psychiatric Service Dogs
Frequently Asked Question
Who Can Prescribe a Psychiatric Service Dog?
Who Can Get a Psychiatric Service Dog?
- Severe Anxiety
- Chronic Depression
- Learning Disorders
- And More.
Can a Psychiatric Service Dog Go Anywhere?
Who Can Train Psychiatric Service Dogs?
Should I Buy An Already-Trained Service Dog?
Can My Dog Be My Service Dog?
What Tasks Can a Service Dog Perform To Help With My Mental Illness?
Do I need to renew my PSD letter each year?
What information should be included in a PSD letter?
- Name and signature of the therapist
- Date of issuance of PSD letter
- Therapist license number
- The need for a PSD in treating the individual mental health
- Details of the pet, including breed, size, and weight
- Date of the license and state where it is issued.