Feeling Stressed? Learn the Health Benefits of Having a Pet
Publish Date: May 10th, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
Stress can cause to any person and may come out in many ways. Nowadays, there are many reasons for having anxiety, like personal or professional. Dealing with daily stress can affect an individual mental as well as physical health too. Those who are living alone might get worse problems like sudden depression and permanent disorders.
In all such situations, no one can replace the joy and companionship provided by a pet to any individual. The unconditional love of a pet is much more beneficial than any person’s company. In addition, pets can reduce any health complications such as stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental issues.
Also Read: Get An Emotional Support Animal Letter
Any pet can improve your health
Well, people with pets are indeed much healthier and happy than those without pets. They act as mood boosters to their owners and for the people around them. You can get love from any of your pets, whether it’s a cat, dog, birds, monkeys, fishes, lizards, or anything. It’s not necessary that you can get joy and love by keeping dogs or cats. Even touching, looking, and cuddling with your pets can reduce your stress level.
- Those suffering from high stress levels must keep a fish as a pet as watching a fish for 5-10 minutes can reduce your stress level up to 12%.
- Pet owners do not suffer from depression like those without pets.
- People with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets.
- Playing and cuddling with pets like dogs and cats can elevate the symptoms of serotonin and dopamine and provide relaxation.
- Pet owners have a low cholesterol level and are less likely to fall for heart disease.
- Those who suffer from heart attacks survive longer than others without pets.
- Also, pet owners over the age of 65 make fewer visits to their physicians than those without pets.
Not only that, but the criminals in prison show long-term changes in their behaviour after interacting with pets. People who live alone can find animals as better companions. Stroking, hugging, or touching a loving animal can rapidly calm and soothe you when you’re stressed or anxious.
How to Get Your Pet Certified as an Emotional Support Animal?
To get your pet dog certified as an Emotional Support Animal, you must follow these steps:
Apply now and get started by filling an online evaluation form with your details along with your mental disability. Submit your evaluation questionnaire online.
Once you submit your form online, your details will get evaluated by our licensed practitioners, and inform you soon via email for your approval.
Once you get evaluated by our licensed practitioners, you will receive an approval letter via email. Once you get it, you can save it, and your pet will be certified.
How can pets help you in reducing stress?
Choosing a healthy lifestyle plays a vital role in reducing symptoms of depression, anxiety, or stress. A pet can help you in making a better and healthy lifestyle by:
Increase in exercise:
Pets can help you in indulging more in the exercises. You can take your dog for a walk, hike, or run and can reward a fit, healthy daily routine into your schedule. Pet owners are more likely to meet their daily exercise requirements, and exercising every day is excellent for the animal. Also, it will help you to deepen the connection between you and your pet and keeps you fit and healthy.
Companionship can help prevent the illness and add years to your life whereas, living alone can trigger the symptoms of depression. Caring for an animal can help make you feel needed and wanted and keep you more focused on your pet. Nothing can beat loneliness like coming home to a wagging tail or purring cat.
Help in finding new people:
Pets act as social lubricants for their owners to start and maintain new friendships. Dog owners often begin talking to each other while taking them on walks, hikes, or in a dog park. Pet owners also meet new people in pet stores, clubs, and training classes.
Companion animals offer comforts, help in easing anxiety, and build self-confidence for people anxious about going out into the world. Pets tend to live in the moment; they don’t worry about what happened yesterday or what might happen tomorrow. As a result, they can help you become more mindful and appreciate the joy of the present.
Add structure and routine to your schedule:
Pets, like a dog, require a regular feeding and exercise schedule. Having a routine keeps an animal balanced and calm, and also it can work for you. No matter, your mood is depressed, anxious, or stressed. A routine will ultimately let you get out of bed to feed, exercise, and care for them on time.
Owning a pet comes with responsibilities
Yes, owning a pet is itself a big commitment. You need to take care of your pets and provide a healthy routine and healthy food. Keeping a pet is beneficial and comforting only for those who love domestic animals and have the time and money to keep a pet happy and healthy. Owning a pet include:
- Cost and money: You will require money for food, veterinary care, licenses, grooming costs, toys, bedding, boarding fees, and other maintenance expenses that can mount up. It might be challenging to cope with unemployed people or people with fixed incomes.
- Time and attention: Cats and dogs require a lot of time as well as attention from their owner. For example, most of the cats are attention seekers and love to cuddle with family members. Also, your dog will require daily care, attention, and daily exercise to stay calm and well-balanced.
- Social activity: Interacting your dog with friends and people is an essential part of keeping them as a pet. Therefore, it would be best if you took care that you visit trails, parks, hikes, and other dog-friendly places near you. Let them interact with people around you and friends. By doing so, your pet will get closer to you.
- Responsibility: Keeping a pet means a responsibility itself. Regardless of size and breed, dogs can inflict injury on people if not handled responsibly by their owners. Pet owners need to be alert of any danger, especially around children. Sometimes, even cats can scratch or bite. Make sure to avoid such situations.
Also Read: Get An ESA Letter to Certify Your Pet Today
Well, animals are an excellent source of care and companionship. Other than all such benefits of these animals. It’s also important to remember that a pet is not a miracle cure for mental health issues, but any stressed person can get relief from these pets. Creating responsible opportunities for human-animal interaction affects people’s lives. ESA is getting popular nowadays, from the past decade, and they can help any person get over their mental health issues.