Emotional Support Animals & COVID-19
Publish Date: May 8th, 2020; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
Hong Kong Dog Confirmed to be a Corona Positive
Protect Yourself from COVID-19
Looking to Apply for an ESA Letter for Your Pet
Get Started by following these Steps:
1. Start FIlling up the ESA Evaluation form with your details.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local ESA Doctor once the submission is complete.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Letter In Your Email.
If a person standing in front of you sneezes on you and is corona positive, and you will receive the droplet on your body, or clothes then there is a chance that you could also receive the virus.
But, it is not a situation to panic. Proper measures and hygiene could help to dodge this virus. Here are a Few steps You can follow to protect yourself from getting infected.
- Always wash your hands with soap thoroughly. After touching exposed things, or after visiting public places.
- Avoid shaking hands and do ‘Namaste’ instead. Also, Use sanitizers to keep your hands clean after every Touch.
- While sneezing, don’t use your hands, sneeze on a tissue, and then dispose of it.
It would be better to keep a distance from your pets, only if you are found corona positive, else it is ok to take care of your pooch.
Avoid going out and try to stay at home, play with your pooch, and spend some time with your family. Avoid unnecessary gatherings and public meetings. Always follow the guidelines regarding protection from COVID-19. Wash your hands thoroughly.
As the research is still under progress, we don’t have a complete outcome of the effects of COVID-19 on our ESA family. Hence, it is better to stay at home and relax.
Always remember “Protection is Better Than Cure”.
About Post Author
Darren M. Jorgensen has a fondness for all animals, though dogs especially, have a huge home in his heart. He enjoys quilting, making handcrafted soap and bodyworks and anything that produces practical products. Jorgensen lives with his own service dog who doubles as an Emotional Support Animal. He gets it.